Apply to increase civic participation and mobilise voters in the European Elections 2024
Publish date: Thursday, 27 April 2023
DG Communication of the European Parliament publishes its call for proposals regarding civic participation and mobilisation for increasing awareness about the future European Elections 2024.
The objectives of the actions financed under this call are:
- To grow awareness among European citizens from as diverse public as possible about the role and democratic values of the EU, provide understanding of the benefits that the EP provides, how EP affects our daily lives and why it is therefore important to vote by participating in the forthcoming EE24, also in the context of the together.eu community (delivering democratic engagement).
- To support increased non-partisan civic engagement of European citizens and organisations from as diverse groups as possible while promoting the idea of the importance of voting, thus encouraging active involvement (also as change-makers), with focus on mobilising voters in the run up to European Election Day(s), also in the context of the together.eu community.
Action proposals to receive financial support under this call must be submitted in one of the following two action categories:
- Civil society engagement actions;
- Engagement actions by change-makers
The expected results of the actions financed under this call are:
- Build capacity and strategically engage with other civil society organisations (at national or local level) and active citizens (potential and existing change-makers) to support and facilitate their engagement activities and provide them with information and tools to effectively spread the message in favour of democratic participation (through together.eu community) in light of the forthcoming EE24.
- Raise awareness of citizens about the benefits brought by European parliamentary democracy, the powers the EP has to affect our daily lives, and why it is therefore important to vote in the EE24. Actions should inform the citizens on why and how to participate in EE24, to advance civic education and to build an informed and engaged electorate (also through together.eu community).
- Empower organisations and active citizens (change-makers) to increase participation in voting by mobilising their networks and communities further (through together.eu), as well as support and facilitate their initiatives.
- Support civil society organisations, change-makers and their networks and communities in the final voting phase (few days prior to EE24 and on the European Election Day(s).
Overall, all actions should and are expected to increase the number of citizens and organisations registering to together.eu and encourage their active participation in the together.eu community.
Sources: https://www.europarl.europa. eu/contracts-and-grants/en/grants/media-and-events