UNCJR – Uniunea Națională a Consiliilor Județene din România (National Union of County Councils of Romania)
National Union of County Councils of Romania (UNCJR) is a non-governmental organization, which brings together the County Councils of Romania, based on their free will, as juridical persons exerting their authority in accordance with the law, on the established administrative - territorial limits.
UNCJR represents the interests of County Councils both individual and as associations or as unions, by regions or considering their common interests, in the relation with the Parliament as well as with the Government.
UNCJR is acting in order to promote and apply the regional development principles, to support the sustainable development at local and regional level – from the economical, social, cultural and environmental point of view, to support the community participation to the decision making process, to develop cooperation programmes, to reduce the social and economic differences between counties and regions by promoting regional development programmes.
UNCJR’s European Office
Since February 2004, the National Union of County Councils of Romania opened a permanent office in Brussels, its key objective being to represent the Association’s interests to the European institutions and actors.
The UNCJR’s European Office main tasks are:
- to assist the members of the national delegation to the Committee of the Regions;
- to promote European values and partnerships as a key tool of integration;
- to provide relevant information to association’s members in a direct and rapid way;
- to promote, support and represent the interests of UNCJR’s members to the EU institutions and actors;
- to host the members’ delegates for short periods of practical and theoretical training;
- to contribute to the understanding of the EU agenda as well as of different policies and programmes affecting local and regional communities;
- to develop partnerships with different European actors: local government associations and entities, NGOs, academic field, privates companies, etc.
2, strada Polonă, district 1
010501 – București
40, Rue Joseph II, boite 10,
Policy representative in the Technical Working Group:
Ms Mădălina Trandafir